FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is physical therapy covered by my health insurance?
Most therapy treatments are covered by health insurance. We will assist you in determining the amount of your insurance coverage as well as the frequency of treatments
Where are your services provided?
We provide PT services at the convenience of your own home. We also partner with some Independent Living and Assisting Living Facilities where we use their wellness or exercise room.
What states do you serve?
We are currenlty serving in the Maryland area. Please contact us so we can determine the coverage area.
What insurances do you take?
We mostly work with Medicare and Medicaid. We will assist you determining the amount of your insurance coverage.
Does Medicare cover physical therapy?
Medicare covers for 80% of skilled physical therapy. The remaining 20% is covered by your secondary insurance. We will help you determining insurance coverage.
Do you have a compliance question?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to report:
- Violations of the Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Conflicts of Interest
- Illegal Activities
- Discrimination, Harrassment, or Workplace Violence
- Theft or Fraud
- Safety, Health or Environmental Issues
- Privacy Issues
Can I be evaluated without a referral from my doctor?
Yes! The law in the state of Maryland and other states allows you to be evaluated and treated by a Physical Therapist without needing a prescription from a doctor. This will allow you to start your treatment right away.
We will still discuss your case with your doctor after evaluating you in order to establish a plan of care centered on your needs.
What can I expect at my first appointment?
Your first visit will last approximately one hour and will include a comprehensive evaluation and applicable treatment administered by a licensed physical therapist. Your physical therapist will review your medical history, diagnostic tests and any recent events that may have contributed to your current condition. Your evaluation will include assessment of your current functional deficits, pain level and posture, as well as a thorough evaluation of your flexibility, strength, balance and endurance.
Following your evaluation, your physical therapist will thoroughly explain your personalized treatment plan and expectations for recovery and provide a commitment letter to you.
What do I need to start PT services at BE Rehab?
We would need your:
- Insurance cards
- Prescription/doctor referral (If applicable)
- Available medical records
- Photo identification
- Primary Care Physician contact information
We will discuss your case with your doctor after conducting an evaluation.
What does deductible, co-payment and co-insurance mean?
A deductible is the dollar amount that must be paid by the insured prior to insurance cost-sharing. Patient is responsible for all allowable charges until deductible is met.
A co-payment is the dollar amount the insured is responsible for paying each visit. After the deductible is met, the patient is only responsible for the co-pay.
Co-insurance is a form of cost sharing. The co-insurance is a percentage of allowable charges the insured is responsible for paying each visit. After the deductible is met, the insurance will cost-share with the patient and will cover the portion of the allowable charges remaining after the patient’s co-insurance.